Impact on the Organization
Customers are demanding unprecedented product quality. To deliver it, manufacturers must achieve extraordinary consistency in their manufacturing processes. At the same time, they must aggressively reduce costs by eliminating scrap, waste, and rework. Using Statistical Process Control (SPC), they can systematically address both sets of problems: quality and cost.
- Describe the flow of work within the organization and identify “roadblocks”
- Understand how SPC tools can help improve quality
- Identify and collect data to optimize processes
- Construct charts and graphs to display data in clear, understandable, actionable form
- Prioritize issues or problems your data collection uncovers
- Build skills in leadership, communication and teamwork
- Institutionalize continuous improvement
- Learn and apply an effective 5-step problem-solving process
In this program, participants will develop the skills and master the tools needed to effectively implement SPC in their organizations. They will learn how to collect, interpret, and analyze process data – and how to collaborate as teams to solve whatever process problems they identify. They will gain deep insight into today’s quality paradigm; learn how to identify external and internal customers; and discover how to organize for continuous improvement. Since team management and leadership are central to effective quality improvement and cost reduction, this program will also cover empowerment, team leadership, and team strategic planning.
Typically 48 hours.
This program can be customized to reflect your organization’s procedures, policies, cases, examples, and terminology. Please inquire about these optional consulting services.