Impact on the Organization
More than ever, organizations must fully tap the skills and abilities of each and every worker. Doing so begins with making sure that all employees treat all of their colleagues with respect and dignity. As part of your efforts to ensure this, you must be certain that your employees thoroughly understand the legal requirements, company policies, and practices in place to eliminate workplace harassment, discrimination, and abuse. This program provides that understanding. It also meets the specific requirements of California’s sexual harassment training law.
- Define harassment, discrimination and abuse
- Discover how perceptions and images affect behavior
- Know the legal requirements, company policy and practices required to maintain an open environment
- Identify what constitutes sexual harassment, and practice the behaviors needed to avoid it
- Learn the responsibilities of the supervisor, actions that must be taken to prevent retaliation, and available remedies
- Identify resources, tools, and strategies for treating others with respect and dignity
This module begins by helping participants understand the value of creating an open and positive workplace environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, and abuse. Participants then focus on the law, as well as your company-specific policies and practices for preventing these abuses.
Participants discuss the elements of sexual harassment, and identify ways to ensure that it does not occur in the workplace. Supervisory responsibilities and actions are discussed in detail.
Supervisors – 2-3 hours
Employees – 1-2 hours
This program can be customized to reflect your organization’s procedures, policies, cases, examples, and terminology. Please inquire about these optional consulting services.