Impact on the Organization
It’s become a cliché, but it’s true: in business, change is the only constant. Change takes many forms – from reaching new markets to mastering new approaches to customer service. Even though all organizations know they must change, few organizations have the skills they need to plan and implement change successfully. As a result, change initiatives often fail. This module helps managers master specific, proven techniques for planning and implementing change, including: making the case for change, assessing resistance, overcoming obstacles, planning for action, building commitment, and rapidly adjusting change initiatives to reflect new organizational and business realities.
- Carefully plan change before implementing it
- Understand the factors that determine whether an organization is capable of succeeding with a proposed change initiative
- Identify the key influencers and stakeholders whose commitment is needed for a change effort to succeed
- Proactively identify resistance to your change effort, and respond to that resistance directly and effectively
- Modify your plan to reflect what you have learned, and time your launch for the best possible results
- Implement your plan, reevaluate it, improve and modify it, and follow it through to successful completion
This module will begin by clarifying why organizations need to change. Next, participants will learn five proven steps required to plan for change, and the four steps needed to implement it effectively. Participants will learn how to assess whether an organization is ready for change; promote organizational commitment to change; identify likely obstacles and sources of resistance; and learn how to resolve resistance coming from a variety of viewpoints. Along the way, they will also learn how to create a safe environment to discuss change, and understand what motivates others to “buy in.” Finally, utilizing the tools and techniques they have learned, participants will walk through every step of the change process, discovering how they can personally make change work as easily and painlessly as possible.
Typically 4 hours.
This program can be customized to reflect your organization’s procedures, policies, cases, examples, and terminology. Please inquire about these optional consulting services.