Impact on the Organization
The global marketplace is transforming traditional industries, and applying relentless pressure to root out waste and even the smallest inefficiencies. For manufacturing companies to survive, they must be able to systematically examine and optimize all of their manufacturing processes. The discipline of “lean manufacturing” offers a powerful set of techniques for doing so. This course introduces lean manufacturing, and shows how both managers and employees can use it to improve quality, reduce cost and product time, and launch and sustain continuous improvement.
- Lean Management Systems – Establishing the Vision, Mission, Values and Business Objectives for a Lean Enterprise, and using them to define effective strategies and tactics.
- Fundamentals of Lean
- What is Lean?
- What is the Toyota Production System?
- Continuous Improvement and Problem Solving
- 7 Wastes Elimination
- Two Pillars of Lean – JIT, Jidoka
- The 5S System
- Three Stages of Lean
- Demand: Takt Time
- Flow: Pull Systems, Work Cells, Standardized Work, Kanbans
- Leveling Production: Heijunka, Stabilize and Standardize Processes, Simplify through Kaizen
- Value Stream Analysis
- Implementing the Kaizen Plan
Lean Manufacturing Program Description
This course will help managers develop strategic business plans for implementing lean systems, and get their entire teams to work together in support of these plans. Managers will learn how to understand their systems as a whole; identify their greatest areas of opportunity for improvement; and set effective direction for their entire organizations.
For employees, the course is designed to communicate your company’s lean strategy, and impart a thorough understanding of lean manufacturing principles. As the tools of lean manufacturing are introduced, students work together as teams, planning lean projects and beginning their implementation.
24 – 48 hours.
This program can be customized to reflect your organization’s procedures, policies, cases, examples, and terminology. Please inquire about these optional consulting services.