Impact on the Organization
Effective leaders rely on specific task and relationship competencies to motivate, direct, and support their employees as they move towards common goals. These competencies are often developed through trial and error at the “school of hard knocks.” Organizations can build better leadership by systematically showing leaders how to improve in the areas that make the greatest difference. Leadership Essentials will help leaders identify the specific skills they need to make their organization more successful, and give them the tools they need to develop those competencies.
- Identify what effective leaders actually DO
- Identify the tasks and behaviors that foster success as a leader
- Identify your personal leadership strengths and opportunities for improvement by completing the Leadership Effectiveness Profile
- Identify decision making methods, their advantages and drawbacks, and apply them to real work-related problems
- Identify the requirements for an effective performance management system
- Identify the importance of congruent values
- Develop a Personal Development Plan
Workshop participants will gain a clearer understanding of what it takes to be a powerfully effective leader. They will assess their specific strengths and opportunities for improvement, and practice specific leadership techniques that will make them more successful.
The module systematically reviews key areas of both task-related and people-related leadership competency. Participants will master tools for improving their areas of weakness, and then build personal development plans to assist them in making the short- and long-term changes they need to lead at a higher level.
The eight task-related and people-related competencies covered in this module are:
- Big Picture Thinking
- Directional Clarity
- Creative Assimilation
- Driving Persistence
- Change Management
- People Enablement
- Reciprocal Communication
- Emotional Intelligence
Typically 8 hours.
This program can be customized to reflect your organization’s procedures, policies, cases, examples, and terminology. Please inquire about these optional consulting services.