Impact on the Organization
Have you ever experienced the effect of poor communication – or no communication – on your own job performance? Imagine the same effect multiplied by all the employees in your organization. Suddenly, you realize the business value of superior professional communication skills. Successful organizations need individuals who know how to lead, direct, support, and coach employees to perform at their best – and all of these skills are built on a foundation of strong communication. Communication Essentials assesses the communication skills of each individual manager and leader, and teaches the critical tools and skills they need to communicate more successfully in all the roles they play.
- Identify individual communication issues and problems using the Communication Effectiveness Profile
- Learn how to send clearer messages
- Improve non-verbal communication, and understand its importance in ensuring clarity
- Master and practice a full spectrum of Active Listening techniques
- Recognize three essentials for giving feedback effectively
- Develop a Communication Action Plan
This workshop helps participants understand and master the skills needed to communicate more effectively. Participants will have the opportunity to assess their specific strengths and opportunities for improvement, and then practice the specific skills and tools they need to improve.
Topics covered in this workshop include: sending clear messages, non-verbal communication, active listening, and giving and receiving feedback. Participants also develop a communication action plan to assist them in successfully making the improvements they have identified.
Typically 8 hours.
This program can be customized to reflect your organization’s procedures, policies, cases, examples, and terminology. Please inquire about these optional consulting services.